Head of the Center for Testing and Communication Technologies – Arman Bekbolatuly
The Center for Testing and Communication Technologies is organized to create, develop and support the University’s information and communication infrastructure.
To fully master the curriculum, students at the University have 16 multimedia rooms, 1 language lab, 13 computer classes connected to the Internet, and 2 electronic reading rooms.
To date, the university operates a local and wireless network connected to the Internet, whose speed is 100Mb / s, as well as Wi-Fi hotspots work in the buildings. Currently, the university has more than 400 units. computer hardware.
The main goals and tasks of the department are:
- development and implementation of strategic programs for informatization of the university, implementation of a unified technical policy in the field of acquisition and use of technical and software computer facilities and networks; creation of digital / electronic educational environment and its improvement;
- creation, operation (maintenance) and development of subsystems of the automated information system “Platonus” of the University, including university and local computer networks with access to the global INTERNET network and other corporate, regional and branch networks (including universities, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan , as well as organizations cooperating with the university);
- development and improvement of information technologies for the educational process and university management; provision of AS jobs with modern computers connected with the unified management system of the university and electronic training facilities;
- methodical guidance and coordination of works at the university on informatization of the educational process and scientific research, introduction of industry and university standards in the field of information, unification of normative and reference information and classifiers, acquisition and use of PC hardware and software by faculty, faculties and computer laboratories;
- technical and system maintenance of information and telecommunication facilities, that is: computer classes, copiers, printers, scanners, network equipment, etc .;
- carrying out design and installation work to create a unified computer network of the university.