The Head of the Library – Toksanbaeva Damira Nesіpbaevna
History of the library
The university library was established in 1998, simultaneously with the creation of the university. This means that the library is of great importance in the educational system and research work of the university.
To date, the university library is the main educational department, which provides the educational process with the necessary information documents.
The library is the golden bridge between the reader and the book.
Since 2007 the head of the library is Toksanbaeva Damira Nesipbaevna.
The basis of the library’s book fund is 2500 books issued by the International Kazakh-Turkish University. Today the library’s total book stock is 368220 thousand books. Annually, the university administration allocates 2-35 billion tenge to replenish the library fund with new books.
The library has a fund of literary books of scientific, methodological and teaching work in the Kazakh and Russian languages, as well as books for reading teachers and students leisure.
The university has a long-term contract with the central library named after Abay of the city of Shymkent. Students and teachers can use the library fund, which has a total fund of 1,817,891 scientific and technical and 440,000 copies.
In addition, in accordance with the Consortium for Cooperation in Higher Education and Scientific Cooperation with the South Kazakhstan University named after M.Auezov, they jointly use the library fund of this University.
How to register in the library
To become a reader you need to register and get a library card.
Documents required to obtain a library card:
- Identity card
- Photo (photo can be done office registration)
- The ticket is issued free of charge for 5 years. At the beginning of each academic year, re-registration is conducted.
Rules of using the services of the library
Sections of the library implement the universal provision of services.
The library provides services for free. Only certain types of services are paid, types and sizes of paid services are established by the administration.
- In the library, five books are issued for a house for three days.
- Valuable textbooks, references, or textbooks left in the last copy are not issued to the home
- Readers must present student documents upon receipt of the book.
- Books received from the library must be returned on time.
- Readers who have not submitted a book can not receive the book before returning the book.
- In the reading rooms, readers can receive the book only upon presentation of the record book.
- Violation of silence and order in reading rooms is prohibited.
- Readers can replace a lost or damaged book, the same book, its copy or the publication recognized by the library as equivalent. If there is no possibility, its real market value is produced.
- The issuance of a student’s credit record book to another person or the receipt of literature with someone else’s document
Rules for using the reading room
- The issuance of books in the reading room is done on a reader’s ticket.
- The issuance of books is completed by the reader in the form of a book in each edition.
- It is not allowed to enter the reading room with personal and library books, newspapers – magazines and other printed publications.
- It is forbidden to take literature out of the reading room. In case of violation of this rule, readers are deprived of the right to use the library for a period established by the library administration.
Rights and duties of the reader
Readers have the right:
- free use of the main types of library and information activities provided by the library;
- obtain consulting services for the search and selection of information sources;
- use the services of the electronic catalog and the Internet and other information in the library.
Readers are required to:
- To obtain a literature, present a library card and subscribe for each edition received in a book or reader form;
- Take care of books, printed works, other materials and the library’s property;
- return in due time received from the library edition.
The reader is not allowed:
- entrance to the library in ordinary clothes;
- entrance to the reading room with a bag;
- Violation of the silence and order in the premises of the library;
- Extraction of un-signed books from the library;
- damage to library publications (drawing marks on them, drawing, pulling out sheets, flushing the cover);
- the seizure of cards from files and catalogs;
- Unauthorized access to office space and book depositories.
Library-information services for library users are provided free of charge.
Duties of the library:
- Replenishment of the book fund and ensuring their safety;
- high-quality library and information services;
- introduction and development of new information technologies;
- Implementation of national and international library and information projects.