ETHICAL CODE OF STUDENTS
We, students of the International Humanitarian-Technical University, guided by generally accepted moral values and norms of etiquette, accept this Code of Ethics of students of IHTU (hereinafter – the Code) and undertake to comply with it.
Section 1. General Provisions
- The ethical values and norms of behavior of this Code are the basis for the development of knowledge, ensuring the quality of education and preparing students as responsible, active citizens and highly qualified specialists.
- The core values of the student community are honesty, trust, respect, and responsibility.
- Relationships between students, faculty, staff, and university administration are based on courtesy and correctness, mutual respect, and readiness for mutual assistance.
- The student must exclude behavior that degrades the honor and dignity of other people, including incorrect treatment of the interlocutor, offensive language and foul language.
- The student community recognizes the right of other people to their own opinions and self-expression.
- The student is obliged to know, honor and multiply the traditions of the University, as well as maintain the image and authority of the University.
Section 2. Basic ethical norms of behavior of students of IHTU
- Students of the University are advised to always look neat, neat, stick to the business style of clothing, avoid sports and club (evening) clothing, defiant items of clothing and makeup. Upon entering the building, men must take off their hats (any, from fur hats to baseball caps). Finding a student in outerwear during class is considered unethical.
- Smoking on the campus is strictly prohibited.
- The distribution and use on the territory of the University of toxic and narcotic substances and drugs is strictly prohibited. The consumption of alcoholic beverages, including beer, as well as being in a state of alcoholic, narcotic intoxication on the territory of the University is strictly prohibited and entails a deduction.
- The student is obliged to know the name, patronymic and surname of the teacher and treat the lecturer with respect. It should be punctual and be in class on time. During lectures and seminars observe silence and order.
A late student may not be allowed to attend classes. If you are still late, you should knock, carefully open the door, say hello, apologize and ask permission to enter. If permission is obtained, it is necessary, without attracting attention, to take the nearest free space in the audience. No actions are allowed which in any way interfere with the course of the lesson and interfere with the training of others: free movement during a couple, conversations, the work of mobile communication devices and others. The teacher has the right to remove the student from class for any breach of discipline. The student is obliged to obey without engaging in bickering. After class, you need to politely explain and apologize to the teacher. The cheating, the use of cheat sheets, forgery of the teacher’s signature and other forms of fraud and forgery of documents are not allowed.
- During training sessions and any official events, the student’s mobile phone beep should be turned off. Talking on the phone, using the radio headset and listening to the player during the learning process is regarded as a gross violation of ethical standards.
- The University has a strict access control system. Students are required to comply with access control. In the case when there is a queue at the entrance to the University, students are obliged to miss teachers, men – women.
- Students, like all educated people, always greeted everyone when they met, regardless of the age and status of the person.
- During University events (conferences, leisure programs, etc.) it is allowed to move quickly, silently and exclusively in the pauses between performances.
- Students are required to comply with the norms of culture of speech:
- contact the elder or stranger on “you”;
- when communicating with teachers and staff, do not allow familiarity;
- avoid jargon and parasitic words;
- do not use obscene words and expressions.
- Students must take care of the property of the University: do not break tables, chairs, equipment, keep clean and tidy on the territory of the University. It is prohibited to draw on the walls, desks and other interior items at the University.
- On the territory of the University chewing gum is prohibited during the educational process, as well as during any public events (thematic meetings, conferences, leisure programs, etc.) It is strictly forbidden to glue the chewing gum to any interior items on the territory of the University.
- Infringement on another’s property is unacceptable.
Section 3. Final Provisions
- The technology for implementing the Ethical Code of students of IHTU is the practical implementation of ethical values and norms of behavior of this Code.
- Each student of IHTU is obliged to know and comply with the Code. Ignorance or misunderstanding of ethical standards is not an excuse for unethical behavior.
- For non-compliance with the requirements of this Code, students of IHTU are responsible to the ethics committee of the Council of Student Self-Government of the University, and in case of relapse – to the University Administration.
- As sanctions for violation of the Code can be used:
- remark, warning;
- a proposal from the administration for disciplinary action (reprimand, etc.) or expulsion from the University for reasons that do not contradict the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.